In 1933, a young coffee merchant from Bremen called Konrad Werner Wille came to Munich with an assignment to set up a special coffee department at the Dallmayr delicatessen. Under the motto "Bremen’s art of blending and Southern Germany’s love of coffee” he built up a coffee range of the highest standard. On top of managing sales, he not only purchased the raw coffee, but also personally attended to the roasting process. Soon, the best hotels and cafes were being supplied with special blends and thus The "Dallmayr Coffee" brand was born, leading to Wille’s up-market establishment becoming both popular and widely known.   

But World War II brought bad times to the company and its staff - in 1945 the head office in the Dienerstrasse was completely destroyed and coffee, which had grown to become the company’s core business, could only be obtained on the black market. Happily, by the early 1950s the building and its elegant façade had been reconstructed enabling the prestige of one of the leading delicatessen houses to burst forth anew.
The superior quality of the emporium combined with the post-war coffee business proving exceptionally strong lead to the whole establishment gaining an admirable reputation. Then, in the early sixties, the largest and most modern roasting plant in Southern Germany was built in the Munich-Giesing district and Dallmayr coffee came to be renowned throughout Bavaria, particularly for its rapidly growing speciality “House Prodomo” (meaning ‘family home’) which had been recently created by Konrad Werner Wille.

In 1985 the coffee section was detached from the company as a whole and integrated into the newly founded Alois Dallmayr Kaffee partnership.  Almost immediately, the focus was on developing the roast coffee sector and expanding sales outside Bavaria. Today, Dallmayr Coffee’s top brand prodomo is also one of the leading brands in the German coffee market.